GENZLER AMPLIFICATION is proud to launch our new brand with the introduction of a uniquely new approach to bass instrument loudspeaker design, the Bass Array12-3.
Although the same size as many premium 12” and tweeter cabinets this new design is so much more complex and rewarding to the performer.
This innovative design blends the benefits of a 12” vented bass reflex design with the performance and pattern control of a 4 x 3” neodymium driver line array element. The benefits of combining both design platforms in an extremely compact cabinet are exponential for the player:
- Full, deep, low frequency response from the high efficiency 12” ported woofer -- doing what it does best. Excellent support of the low B fundamental of 5 string instruments.
- A selective crossover point overcomes the “beaming” (pattern narrowing) effects of a full range signal being reproduced by larger low frequency drivers.
- Lowers midrange and high frequency distortion by allowing the use of small, high performance cone transducers that would otherwise be unsuitable without the increased acoustic sensitivity obtained by the array design.
- This design provides a more open, smoother midrange and high frequency response because of the ideal natural characteristics of the mid-high frequency array when compared to a conventional tweeter that cannot reproduce the crucial midrange frequencies without pattern control or un-natural distortion.
What this means in the context of performance is the most focused, defined, musical, smooth and seamless response possible throughout the BA12-3’s entire full-range bandwidth. Additionally the placement of the Line Array in front of the 12” woofer further provides a type of “single point source” projection---think of it as concentric speakers, one inside of the other, in the same linear plane. Also due to line array principals the all-important mid and high frequencies have a much wider horizontal dispersion with a more controlled vertical pattern. This offers the most even projection possible around the perimeter of the stage and audience.
- Carton Dimensions: 23"H x 22"W x 20"D
- Shipping Weight: 41 Lbs
- One -- premium Faital« neodymium 12" cast frame loudspeaker utilizing a unique dual-wound voice coil design for increased power handling and efficiency.
- Four -- premium Faital« neodymium 3" mid/high cone drivers loaded into a sealed line array stack.
Input Panel/Crossover Network:
- Custom designed 6 dB/octave slopes in balance with the acoustical controls of each enclosure.
- Two -- Speakon« NL-2 connector and two - ╝" sealed jacks; to reduce rear cabinet air loss and noise.
- Heavy-duty textured black vinyl.
- Black metal corners and heavy-duty strap handle.
- Custom, curved grille with a unique center "pleat" to protect the array column.
- Large rubber feet.
"All of us at Sadowsky Guitars were very impressed with the Bass Array cabinet. It had remarkable focus and definition without any "tweeter-like" harshness. Warm, solid, and overall "awesome"!
----- Roger Sadowsky
"I've used the Genzler BA12-3 Bass Array for rehearsals and gigs with my MTD 635-24 bass and TecAmp Puma 1000. The Genzler speaker delivered a very definitive representation of the sound of the bass and it's subtleties.
The lows were deep and well defined, the mids were present and punchy, and the highs were clear and clean. The overall blend of the sound is perfect, allowing for very clear triple and double stops even in low registers. The cabinet comes through with a presence that fills the hall. My friends have spoken of how clear the bass sounds to them without being too loud.
The cabinet is only 35 pounds and very easy to move using the handle on its side.
Kudos to Jeff Genzler for this stellar addition to the world of bass cabinets."